Breaking News

From Sorong to Samarai, Melanesian Brother

























By Ruth Kissam

Our eyes met as we walked past each other on the cold, wet pavement at the UN Entrance but as if being pulled by an unseen force, we both turned about the same time and he blurted out, "Susa" with a smile. I just ran at him and hugged him while smiling and fighting tears of joy!! It didn't matter I didn't know his name or had never seen him before! All I knew was he was one of mine!!
I later found out he was Victor Yeimo, International Spokesman for the Independent Movement for West Papua but he looked like a Sepik!

From Sorong to Samarai, the whole Island of New Guinea belong to the Melanesian people of Papua! Whether it's the country of the stars of the Southern Cross or the Land of the Morning Star, we are one and I stand with West Papua for their Independence from Indonesia!

No comments